Interview with Founder and CEO, Tilly Rivers

April is an exciting month; there is Easter to look forward to, early flowers peeking their green little heads out from the last remains of the snow, sunny days, and the 1st year anniversary of Main Street Magazine!

To mark this momentous occasion MSM interviewed its Editor and Founder, Award winning author Tilly Rivers. On top of some interesting comments about MSM we also get a sample of the inner Tilly herself, and what makes her who she is:


MSM:

What was you proudest accomplishment so far with MSM?


Tilly:

There have been many in the past year, I have been humbled with the growth of the readers so quickly, daily hits of a million readers on the blogs, over 25 k, world wide asking for copies to be sent via email, amazing reviews, voted hottest new magazine. Sometimes I sit back and think, is this for real? With all of the success of the magazine, it is the comments from people like Andy Scott, a poet that we featured in the December 2009 issue, that was so excited and thrilled to be on the magazine cover, or one of our writers Judi Rosen- who wrote such a wonderful thank you note to me, that brought tears to my eyes, and all because someone gave them a chance to show the world how talented they were. I am so proud of everything about this mag!


MSM:

What are your future plans for changes or additions to MSM in the coming year?


Tilly:

It is almost as if the magazine has its own pulse, a live entity, it changes and shapes itself with little planning, I just ‘feel’ it. I listen to the feedback of the readers, we try something new, add or take away, with out worry of making a mistake, I suppose that is the beauty of it, no fear, just a magazine with a purpose to give back, to be able to add some love and fun, in a world that sometimes seems to be to hectic, to out of control, to over whelming with stress and mess. My future plans? To keep doing what we are doing.


MSM:

Have you considered having articles specific for mothers with regard to parenting and parenting issues as the majority of your readers are women?


Tilly:

I haven’t, and there are a few reasons why. One there are many great magazines out there that are parent geared, experts in their field so-to-speak, and the other is, I believe that while being a Mom is wonderful ( I am one)- in my opinion, motherhood should not be ‘who’ you are. Women are sexy; vibrate intelligent creatures, as well as mothers and I hope MSM reminds us of that!


MSM:

It is no secret that you have dealt with and continue to deal with health problems, how does that affect your abilities in running and writing for MSM?


Tilly:

I get frustrated with me at times, because as of yet my energy level is not where I would like it, however, I think it actually gives me more of a push, or an edge, I see things differently, and I hope that in my own personal articles the readers will be able to see that. I am truly blessed with an amazing career, I was born to write, be it as a best selling author, a simple journal entry or MSM, not many can say they love what they do, and I am among those select few. My health issues will be another story- and one with a happy ending!


MSM:

Anyone who knows you personally or has read any of your articles knows that you are a positive and up-beat person, do you find it difficult or easy to find the same “spirits” to work with in the making of MSM?


Tilly:

I get many requests from people in whom want to write for MSM, I laugh when they introduce themselves, and some have not even taken the time to read an issue, or even an article, it is just common sense to do some due diligence. I have however found that kindred spirits are easier found than one might think; it is all about what you are looking for, what you ‘attract’ in your life. Love, laughter, positive energy comes easily if you just let it flow; I think of my life as a kitchen colander, drain the crap- keep the good. ~smiles~


MSM:

Where would you like to see yourself as an author and publisher in 5 years time?


Tilly:

I do not think past the moment. If you take care of today, tomorrow is easy. All I know for sure is that in some way, shape or form I will be writing!


MSM:

How do you deal with the negative feed back you have received from your books, and how does that negative feedback affect current and future endeavours?


Tilly:

Each person has to be true to themselves, and I will continue to be ‘me’- and that includes writing explicit erotica. The stalkers where not so cool, that was a scary place, but as for the ‘hate’ mail, I shrug it off- after all their hangs ups do not belong to me! Thankfully there are many more men and women that love me ~smiles~ thus making me an international best seller and I are very thankful for that.


MSM:

Are there going to be any ‘spin offs’ or ‘branches’ to MSM that we the readers can look forward to?


Tilly:

I hope so! I would love to do an erotica mag- what do you think- wicked ways? - ~giggles~ or maybe a version for the guys. But I think I will stay focused on MSM for the moment.


MSM:

What do you find to be the most difficult challenge to MSM?


Tilly:

Deadlines, one or more of the writers is always late with their article, and I am the worst!


MSM:

Who would you say is your role model and how have they influenced your career?


Tilly:

I know it is cliché, but my parents. I was the youngest child, and if you ask my siblings—spoiled rotten. ~smiles~ admittedly so, but not once did my parents ever tell me what I should ‘be’ when I grew up, that I needed to be a nurse, or a teacher. I had a huge imagination as child, still do, and when I would play warrior princess and slay a dragon, my father never said, men have to be warriors, and my mother never said I needed to cook the dragon for the King, or worse, to stop playing such nonsense. When I wrote my first erotica book, they never said, ‘oh my’- they where proud as could be. They are both gone now, and it is my goal to make sure they are elbowing the ‘spirit’ beside them saying-see her- that’s my baby girl playing warrior princess!”


MSM:

What was is the most inspiring feed back you have received from a reader?


Tilly:

The most inspiring feedback from a reader was from a young woman who told me that she felt powerless and forgotten in life. That in all the hustle and bustle of trying to get ahead, that she had forgotten about the simple pleasures until she read MSM- and that she laughed-out-loud for the first time in a long time, she discovered that what was most important are her dreams and not the rat-race. Why—she said---am I killing myself in misery to make another rich at the cost of laughter and the things that make me happy? She thanked us, for reminding her of her dreams, and to laugh. And I cried, because that is really what MSM is all about- it is a dream catcher!


That is our goal, to give you an inside view of our world-show you beauty through our eyes-divulge secrets-express radical thought and present a different view., and above all to laugh- love and be true to you!


So, fellow MSM readers and fans, we wish all contributors, writers, and most of all readers a Happy 1st Birthday with well wishes and high hopes for the future!!


See you next month.


Chris Reynolds


As seen in the April Issue of MSM

Copyright Main Street Magazine

Canadian ISSN: 1920-4299


For your FREE copy of MSM go to http://www.mainstreetmagazine.net/