Mothers Day Salute

My Mother’s Faults
Salute to Mother’s Day
May 2009 Main Street Magazine



The best part of Mothers’ is that they are real. The miracle of birth does not make women perfect, it does not make us deity, all knowing, and all understanding, it is a humbling experience that for most, is the scariest thing in the world.

My mother, is beauty, and colour and wonder. My mother is human, with mistakes, and regrets and imperfections. It is because of these imperfections, the doubts in which we all experience as women that makes’ her that much more extraordinary.

Before we became Mothers we were girls, who grew up to be women. Just like you, that little one in the mirror, playing dress up today, holding a baby tomorrow.

We WILL make mistakes and wrong decisions. But above, below, or in spite of, our faults, we love you beyond measure! When we push, it is because we do not want to see our baby girls hurt. When we pull, it is because we are trying to teach our boys to be better men.

My Mother use to say that she raised her children on bribery and black mail. I turned out okay, some might even say better than okay, so whatever her secret was, it worked.

My tribute to Mothers, to women, to girls, is that there are never really any right ways, or right answers, the only thing that is true, that you count on, is love.

I am proud to be my mother’s daughter, not because of her many attributes, but because she taught me above all other things the importance of love “AS IS”

Unconditional acceptance.

Happy Mother’s Day!